Simple Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar, sifted
- 2 Medium eggs
- 3 Medium egg yolks
- 5 Cup flour, sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat the butter, using a mixer on medium-high. Beat in the sugar, eggs, yolks & vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low and beat in the remaining ingredients.
If tinting dough, add food coloring.
- For chocolate dough, reduce flour to 4 1/2 cups and add 2/3 cups cocoa.
- For hand formed cookies, transfer to an airtight container.
- For rolled and cut cookies, divide dough in half, form into 1″ think slabs and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- For sliced cookies, use parchment paper to roll dough into logs.
Chill dough at least 2 hours.
- And chill formed cookies for 20 minutes before baking them at 350° on parchment lined baking sheets for 10-15 minutes, depending on cookie size.
- For tinted cookie dough cookies, reduce oven temperature to 325° and bake for 12-18 minutes.
Cook times & serving vary